Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's day has always held special significance for me. It is a wonderful day to tease people about their love lives. Hee Hee :) This time was no different. One of my flatmates was experiencing a valentine's card-induced dilemma. The Iranian, the Cypriot and I were giving "good advice". It would be wrong for me to go on about it so I will stop.

Love and relationships are unnecessary complications in life. Nothing signifies this truth more than the £2.50 Single Belgian Roses that were selling like hotcakes in the city streets today. Why would anyone pay that much for a single, dead flower? Poor flowers, killed and sold at exorbitant prices so that people can pretend that they love each other very much. So much that they would be willingly robbed in broad daylight by unscrupulous florists. I feel so, so sorry for the flowers. What did their tragic deaths achieve?

It is better, I think, not to fall in love. Or if you do, just take some good medicine to cure the disease. But I know that you sappy people just can't resist the temptation. I have heard rumours of two people (you know who you are), going shopping together for Valentine's Day presents for their respective love interests. Did you really? Tell me all about your celebrations. I am curious and a big Kaypo.

The Catholic Chaplain sent out an email that included these words of comfort:

"If today you haven’t received a card expressing the undying love of your favourite person. Just remember, the one whom you are looking for is looking for you!"

I know who is looking for me. The CIA, the Interpol and the International Tribunal of Human Rights. Honestly, it really wasn't me!

And I have already found my favourite person. Right there in the mirror. Me. I appreciate the fact that I don't ask me to buy flowers for myself. I like how I don't ask me out on dates at inconvenient times. It is good that I don't distract me from my studies (well, only occasionally).

Hey, you there! Come back. Don’t run away! I was only joking. Really!

No comments: