Monday, January 09, 2006

Jun thinks that saying that I miss people is gay. Alright, tell you what. How about this? I miss everybody but Jun. Haha.

I'm bored to death.

I went to the city today and bought some food and a book. Then I came back, cooked some rendang, ate it with rice.

Three of my flatmates are having exams this week. Lucky me. I don't even start lectures until next week. But this leaves me with utterly nothing to do except stay in my room and read.

Over lunch, I talked with my Iranian flatmate about being bored. He said that if he had a laptop with internet connection in his room, he would never be bored but work all day. With my laptop, I have been Skyping people, blogging and erm, Neopets. It appears that more than one person needs to get a life. Oh, and did I mention that my Cypriot flatmate woke up early today (monday) to study for an exam on wednesday?

I've been alone in my room too much.
I sit at the door beside the radiator, switch off all the lights and stare into the artificial darkness. And think.

I think too much.
As I stare into the dark, I think about how there is no absolute, enduring truth. Only relative.

Perspective in space:
My right hand is on the right of my left hand. But if you were standing opposite me, my right hand would be on the left of my left hand.

Perspective in time:
I tell the truth when I say the cup is on the table. But the cup is only on the table now. It was in the sink 5 minutes ago and in another 5 minutes, it will be in my hand. So was I lying when I said, "the cup is on the table"?

Thoughts like this pave the road to the loony bin.

Never doubt the fact that I truly believed when I said the cup was on the table.
Please believe me when I say my right hand is on the right of my left hand.

I should have access to professional help.

No comments: